Reply to post:

Oh UK. You won't switch mobile providers. And now look at you! £5.8bn you've lost

Lee D Silver badge

I don't WANT to switch providers just for the sake of it.

There are more important things than how much the monthly cost is.

For a start, certain networks I have BLACKLISTED because they gave me such atrocious customer services. Others have limits, packages or problems that I want no part of. So I will gladly pay more to stay exactly where I am at the moment.

Why people should be TOLD to move regularly, I can't fathom. Sure, I can move my broadband to TalkTalk if I want to as well. It'll be cheaper, I guarantee it. But I'd rather stay with what I have, that works, where the company deal with me well and I have no complaints.

If I wasn't happy, I'd move.

What this says is that 1/4 of people are PERFECTLY HAPPY with what they have, even if it costs more than the others.

What organisations like this should be doing is working out why the other 3/4 of people are forever changing. Is it because they must always have the cheapest deal because everything's so expensive? It is because everyone they try is utterly useless and they end up having to move again? Or is because no provider offers what they need (e.g. cheap data roaming) so it's easier to abuse their welcome deals and then move on?

The other thing? I bought my mobile. So I can stick ANY DAMN SIM I like into it, and with PAC's I can move my number across in a couple of days. The fact that I can't be bothered to get a free SIM and do this to go elsewhere tells you exactly what I think of those other places. And you just want me to switch so I can save a few quid? No.

Maybe if you weren't an organisation that PROFITS from my changing constantly, I might listen. Such as, if you were an organisation that cared about improving the customer service and deals available from mobile phone providers.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon