Reply to post: Re: HMRC

Roses are red, violets are blue, HMRC confirms Verify can STFU

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: HMRC

Will we be able to log in with our Facebook accounts?

No, publicly advertised data suggests that you are to use Google:

basilic5:~ $ dig +short mx digital.hmrc.gov.uk

20 ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.

30 ALT4.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.

10 ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.

20 ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.

30 ALT3.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.

There is, however, a niggling question hovering in the back of that idea. I don't expect Privacy Shield to survive the consequences of the last act of President Obama (modifying Executive Order 12333 so that the NSA now can legally share with all agencies and whoever friends the government on Facebook) and the actions that the Trump administration will pile on top of it - that would make the use of Google even more questionable for a non-US government entity than it already is (presently hushed for political reasons).

I have this sneaking suspicion that some citizens (aka voters), upset that a record 1.8M signatures for not inviting Trump is ignored, may decide to use that vector to light a new bonfire under Theresa May's attempts to treat 1984 as a manual.

And they don't need to wait either - the above is factual data, drawn about a minute ago. Not that I'm suggesting anything, of course, but if you want to annoy her further it may be worth knowing that you'll get the same result if you look at cabinetoffice.gov.uk. Tsk tsk tsk..

:)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon