Reply to post: I'm getting away from Windows once W7 goes EOL

Windows 10: What is it good for? Microsoft pitches to devs ahead of Creators Update

steve 124

I'm getting away from Windows once W7 goes EOL

I run a pretty big medical services company's network and we're pushing W7 on new laptops ("upgrading them"). I'm already looking into converting our Windows laptops over to linux based tablets (our EHR DB is the only hold up right now).

The idea of W10 on my network makes my stomach sour so I will be finding an alternative way to do business before that happens. We dragged our feet a bit on XP to W7 conversion but my reasons then were purely application compatibility (prior to SP1) but my concerns about telemetry, updates, general "chattiness" and just letting M$ know they are going in a direction I don't care for with W10 this time around.

Linux is getting very close to ready for prime time (especially with distros like Mint) and the outrageous licensing involved with M$ these days just makes me want to get rid of them altogether.

I guess it doesn't matter because there will be enough lazy admins out there to keep them in business for at least another dozen versions (I think they should start code naming future versions after CIA operations).... Windows 12 (Codename: Blackbriar)

"Cortana... ARE YOU TREADSTONE?!!"

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon