Reply to post: Already sorted..

Want to come to the US? Be prepared to hand over your passwords if you're on Trump's hit list

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Already sorted..

I've been through all that when they started the whole TSA nonsense, so not worried, we developed a defensive model for us and our customers, and there's no need to change it.

I never bring along a laptop (to much data to risk), and I have already configured both iPhone and iPad for single action delete (iOS has some neat tricks in that respect), leaving only the debris that I deliberately introduced and which will make it appear that's all I have on it. If the devices leave my sight, the first stop would be an Apple shop to restore the base OS from the ground up or treat the device as untrusted until I have the time to reflash it (or buy a new one - we have quite a few in circulation for customer demo anyway).

As for Twitter and Facebook, I don't use it, and all my banking has 2FA so they're welcome to the password (which I change after every US visit anyway) - I never take the 2FA devices with me.

It's tragic that you have to do more planning for a visit to the US than you have when you go to Russia or China, though. Appalling.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon