Reply to post: Re: quip? not all that clever, no.

Parliamentary Trump-off? Pro-Donald petition passes 100k signatures

james 68

Re: quip? not all that clever, no.

Regan definitely does "belong on the list with the other psychopaths". He and his cronies actively supported the IRA with arms and cash in a largely successful attempt to destabilize an allied nation.

I grew up in Belfast during that period. Regan was an asshat.

But I also have a bone to contend with this articles author. He states:

"The JSON data for the petition, publicly viewable on the Parliamentary petitions website, revealed that in among the 1.6 million signatures from Britons opposing Trump's state visit were 3,000 signatures from Germany, 6,700 from France – and three from the Solomon Islands. Only signatures from British citizens and UK residents are eligible to be counted towards its total."

Yeah... about that. Never heard of people relocating due to work or family reasons or even being on holiday? Heaven forbid an actual British citizen might be currently living in another country, the unmitigated horror that must create in the bowls of your soul eh? I for example am currently in Japan, according to your statement I must presume that you think I got my British passport as a prize in a cereal box? Or could you perhaps just be trying to delegitimize the petition using the narrative of bigotry and hate by implying that nasty foreigners are despoiling our green and pleasant petition system? Get the barrel scrapers wound up by stirring the pot a bit? Berk.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon