Reply to post: Re: Lies

Did you know? The FBI investigated Gamergate. Now you can read the agents' thrilling dossier

NewGuy

Re: Lies

Most of that article is an insane rant about whatever he thinks feminists think, using stuff like "they're angry at being rejected by men!" and "girls love twilight!" as evidence. The part actually "proving" she posted against herself brings up an almost valid question, but then, once again, goes on an insane rant about how damning their "evidence" is, mainly that 1) The twitter account was new and barely used! 2) An online troll would never use proper punctuation and perfectly within 140 characters! 3) She's not logged in and didn't search for the account, so she must have known where it was specifically!

1) Someone posting an physical address would make a fake account, because that's something police would definitely follow up on.

2) Wtf? How is that a point? "Online trolls, DO NOT PRE-MEDITATE. It's in the fables! Like that if you guess their names, you get gold!!! We KNOW these things."

3) Maybe it's weird she's not logged in and the search history or whatever, but how would it help her to log out to go to this account? A little weird, but maybe paranoid she thought for a second she should log out before posting a screen cap and clicked on the account as soon as she saw her address, then you can make fun of her for not knowing how twitter works? I don't know. Whatever that one weird thing is it's not damning, and it's followed by really insecure ranting.

I had to post this, because I never really knew much about Gamergate, went to that link, and saw that it was insane, and needed other people to know who didn't feel like reading it. I hope a mod removes this thread. I feel dirty for acknowledging it. Probably a troll.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon