Reply to post: Re: Humanity fail.

Did you know? The FBI investigated Gamergate. Now you can read the agents' thrilling dossier

MNGrrrl

Re: Humanity fail.

> Do you know what it takes for a man to walk out of the door in the morning? Have you even considered it?

Generally, the same thing a woman needs to do, only with a lot less work, prejudice, judging, and they get paid more doing it.

> Willing to run off and die for my country?

I didn't say it was a good idea. I'm saying a lot of men are willing to do that, or at least consider it an honorable choice. These same men don't consider standing up for abused women honorable, and purchase their abuse with silence.

> The grass is always greener, no?

Are you saying you'd like to be a woman instead? Obamacare covers that. I don't know of very many men who think they'd be better off as women. Not many at all.

> Is that not what exactly you are doing to me in that very post? You are asking me to police "my community". My community does not include people who abuse other people.

It does include those people; This is a problem in every community. Everywhere. Ever. You're trying to deny it because you don't want to take responsibility for your role in perpetuating it.

> What you are asking me to do is "police" people I do not know.

We do it all the time. When we see someone hitting their child, we call the police. When we see someone robbed, we call the police. When we see an accident, we call the police. When we see unethical or immoral behavior, we call others out on it.

> "Men" as a whole are not sexist.

Bullshit.

> So, this "Well men... what are you doing to police yours?" is a prejudiced and highly bigoted statement (a challenge not a question) by someone who has given issues no consideration at all.

I give it consideration every time I step outside the door. You, obviously, do not. This is just another case of blaming the victim. You try to turn it around, blame women. This is exactly what it looks like, people, so look closely. It's a charade of trying to look rational and logical. Well, here's the thing: We can and do rationalize our behavior all the time. And this is what it looks like.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon