Reply to post: Re: Democrats overlooking Obama's record

President Donald Trump taken on by unlikely foe: Badass park rangers

Lars Silver badge
Happy

Re: Democrats overlooking Obama's record

@ Triggerfish

One of the reasons, perhaps the biggest, to this divide in both the USA and the UK is the two party system. It's always about us or them, in most European countries the governments are coalition governments more or less around the centre and it's less bloody. The "normal" reaction to this among Brits tends to be that the British system (like the British weather) is superior because it's British, and will probably never change. But in the USA I think it could, and I think it should change. As has been pointed out on this thread the Americans now had to choose between two very unpopular candidates, and the whole campaign was exceptionally dirty.

And yes I know there was that "Aleppo" guy and the green woman, but it's also quite clear that those two parties will always keep any competitors at bay because they can, and because, for some damned reason, they have been handed the right to write the rules too. But perhaps by braking them up it could be possible. And the Americans have shown that they can form grass root movements.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon