Reply to post:

Google loses Android friends with Pixel exclusivity

Neill Mitchell

It's £369! I can live without an unlocked bootloader for that. Where are they "claiming" an unlocked bootloader out of the box? (What major manufacturer even does that?). Where are they claiming Wifi calling? Even Google are saying it's Daydream ready and if I get that it will be a minor bonus.

For £369 you get a 1440 x 2560 Samsung AMOLED panel, 64GB storage with SD slot (or dual SIM if you prefer), Snapdragon 820, Adreno 530, fingerprint reader, Quick charge 3, 3250mAh battery, dual AMK DACs with the best speakers currently out there. Android 7 in public beta free of major bloatware (I'm looking at you Samsung!) Glowing reviews everywhere.

Only thing that lets it down a little is low light camera performance, which I understand has already been improved somewhat - low light performance is all software algorithms these days. Seems okay to my admittedly undemanding needs.

I'm not a sales rep for these things, I'm just amazed how much the other manufacturers are clearly taking the piss on their margins. Let's face it, they are all manufactured within miles of each other!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon