Reply to post: Re: 1984

Trump inauguration DDoS protest is 'illegal', warn securobods

Sir Runcible Spoon

Re: 1984

Ok, my post was rather hastily written, but I'm not going to defend points that you have attributed to me by assumption!

The main point I would like to make is that, once you have elected someone, for the good of *everyone* it is important to not set out to completely undermine everything they might try and accomplish.

Sure, doing so will probably result in all your negative predictions coming true, but they might not have come true had people not been setting out to undermine all the time.

For the record, I am not saying that you have to agree with the man, or even like him, but base your reactions on policy, not personality. It isn't like Obama is drowning in positive results as far as the whole country is concerned.

The US elected a black president, partially in the hope of healing racial tensions. However, in his farewell speech he admitted racial issues in America were worse than ever!

I have no idea what Trump will bring - salvation or disaster, but I can make some pretty safe bets on what would have improved for the general electorate had Hilary won.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon