Reply to post: I never realised the snooping was THIS bad

New Windows 10 privacy controls: Just a little snooping – or the max

SVV Silver badge

I never realised the snooping was THIS bad

"you can go to account.microsoft.com/privacy to review and clear data such as browsing history, search history, location activity, and Cortana’s Notebook – all in one place."

And you can go ?@*& yourself if you think I would ever even consider parting with my own money for a product that collects this information about me.

"We are continuing this commitment to make it as easy as possible for you to make informed choices about your privacy with Windows 10"

I guess this is true though. Now I'm fully informed and know that I won't have any, I won't be buying it. Going through some convoluted process to defeat this by installing it in a VM on Linux? No thanks, it cant't be THAT much worth the effort.

Windows 10 has been reported on quite regularly on this site, and I've followed the articles with mild curiosity every now and then during its slow journey to being actually usable. Quite rigthtly they focused on how finished it then was and what the new features and interface were. However the privacy aspects are so mind numbingly outrageous that it could be the most usable and reliable OS ever and I'd still not touch it with a bargepole.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019