Reply to post: Re: Yeah cause retraining is so easy!

Routine jobs vanishing and it's all technology's fault? Hold it there, sport

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Yeah cause retraining is so easy!

We're not expecting buggy whip makers to service robots, but they could, and probably will.

You point is the point of lazy, stupid people; why won't someone (else) do this thing for me, and THEN I will be successful!

You dope! You can train and learn for free with a new thing called a, wait for it, a book. And I'm not saying that a gas station working is going to become a Linux Devops Admin overnight, or at all. But a telephone tech can become a network tech, just like that. You maneuver your best skills in the direction of where the money is being made. Ooops! I just let out the secret of the ages! Oh no! I will be whipped by my Illumanati masters at the group-hug next fortnight, I can tell you!

Could I become a surgeon? No, that takes a lot of time and training. Could I take on any number of roles that could come about due to my proximity to the computer industry? Yes! Could I shoe horses? Yes, but why? Could I make coffee? Yes, but why?

You see what I did there? I when upwards, not sideways, or downwards. Now you do the same, but in real life. It's not that hard. Smart people get good jobs and learn new things and make money at it. Dumb people weld shit together, or dig ditches. It is known.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon