Reply to post: Something not mentioned strongly enough

My fortnight eating Blighty's own human fart-powder

Sampler

Something not mentioned strongly enough

And, this may either be me, or the two week period, but I did Australia's version, Aussielent, and oh my god is it tediously boring.

Every meal, yeah, vanilla again...

I tried adding a teaspoon of raw cocoa powder, I tried adding a spoon of metamucil (berry flavour), I tried adding a spoon of each, but ultimately, it's so fricking boring having the same gloop every day.

My reasoning was I was lactose intolerant (they do a vegan version) and finding a handy lunch that they hadn't snuck dairy in somewhere is troublesome (believe me, it's in everything) and was a little on the cash strapped side so about $4 a meal is pretty good, you're not going to beat that in Sydney, especially being nutritionally sound and all bases covered.

I ordered a months worth, quite easily the worst month of my life as I felt so down about how miserable and plain every meal was, maybe I'm too much of a foody and look forward to the variety of snacks I can cram in my cake hole, but we didn't get along.

One plus point though, again, not mentioned in the article, was the reduction in the requirement of pooping. I guess an obvious thing when you think about it, less mass in, less mass out, but it wasn't something that I had thought about before going in. I usually poop around six times a day and I was down to may one every two days and even that sitting was a smaller, yellower dropping - so a fair bit of time saved throughout the day, even if I optimistically peg each motion at five minutes, that's still half hour back in my day and not running the risk of violent explosion, a two second warning that turns me from man to novelty garden fountain that I pray I'm in the house or office as being caught short outdoors is the stuff of nightmares if I'd accidentally consumed dairy.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon