Reply to post: Re: 'The capacitive buttons ... make it vastly easier to operate the phone in the car'

Itchy-fingered OnePlus presses refresh, out pops value champ 3T

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: 'The capacitive buttons ... make it vastly easier to operate the phone in the car'

I look forward to seeing you on the road then, because if I see you utilising any form of handheld electronic device (as it's defined), I'll be stopping you to point out to you the error of your ways, be that verbally with my discretion, or 3 points and a £100 fine.

Same goes for taxi drivers always on their systems. It does not matter if it's cradle mounted, it is still a handheld device - the fact it was not in your hand is irrelevant. Point in case, guy got done for using his Bluetooth handset whilst driving. He was still fucking around with the controls and was still paying no heed to the road - so much so he failed to see us beside him for around 200m staring at him.

I've been at plenty of RTC's which has been linked back to the use of a phone. SImple facts don't lie - using anything in the vehicle that distracts you visually or mentally from the scene in front of you, is dangerous.

Don't do it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020