Reply to post:

Sexbots could ‘over-exert’ their human lovers, academic warns

bombastic bob Silver badge
Unhappy

"What I want to know is why academics are spending so much time thinkin' 'bout sex robots."

yeah answer is probably obvious. but I'll enumerate my thoughts anyway..

1. why play "the game" when (if you're a geek) you can INVENT something

2. the consequences following a sexual encounter with a 'fleshy' female are potentially life-damaging

(and that includes a lifetime of legal problems, from false accusations to paternity issues)

3. except for certain parts of the world, it seems that females are being conditioned into becoming man-hating b.i.itches, particularly in colleges.

4. who wants to raise offspring in *THIS* kind of environment? ninny-nanny neighbors, helicopter parenting, public schools that are indoctrination centers, yotta yotta yotta

Robots are looking pretty damn good!

[I always figured that the p0rn industry would be where all of the really cool development for human-like androids would be made, particularly gynoids]

So, when you're tired of pretending to be someone you are NOT in order to get women to even TALK to you, or forking over huge amounts of money and/or expensive gifts in the hope of 'getting lucky', or marrying some lady that was pretending to be 'what you wanted' so that she [later] can take you for everything you've got, or told "no means no [unless it means yes]" by every female you even ask to go to Starbucks, and maybe fired once or twice for 'harassment' because you asked a lady at work [or AT SCHOOL] out on a date, or been forced to endure "sensitivity training" simply because you looked at a woman's boobs once too many, MAYBE, just MAYBE, it's time for an *ALTERNATIVE* ???

And then 'death by snu snu' not such a bad thing, perhaps...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon