Reply to post: Re: Trust Us - We're the CIA, We Wouldn't Lie to You!

CIA: Russia hacked election. Trump: I don't believe it! FAKE NEWS!

Voland's right hand Silver badge

Re: Trust Us - We're the CIA, We Wouldn't Lie to You!

The interesting thing is that the CIA has a vested interest in blaming the Russians.

BIngo. There are pensions, mortgages and kid's college funds at stake here.

Once upon a time, it was Latin American ops which were providing the safe retirement and the daily bread for the gazillion of parasites dwelling in the building at Langley. Due to the difficulties in operating inside the Soviet Union, it actually did not consume that much manpower and finances during the Cold war.

Today, it is operations against Russia and its interests are the key cash cow providing safe college funds for the kiddies. As we no longer live in the days of the Iron Curtain, ops can be run and are run on a scale which exceeds USA second half of 20th century LatAm ops. Every second analyst has a pet opposition politician in a small village with 3-4 voters voting for him to feed (*).

The vested interest in continuing the current cold-war 2 scenario is immense - do not expect the CIA to let go of it.

(*) Disclaimer: I have been offered a suitcase full of money to help topple the current (too red for US taste) government during my short stint in Eastern European politics many years ago so I know this stuff works first hand.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon