Reply to post: Re: Battery Life

LeEco Le Pro 3: Low-cost, high-spec Droid takes on the big boys with a big fat batt

AndrueC Silver badge
Unhappy

Re: Battery Life

My S7 Edge isn't too bad. Admittedly I don't use it very much. The occasional SMS, streaming audio over bluetooth for an hour or so most days. Occasional incoming emails. I'm currently getting five days out of a charge. It seems to lose about 4% overnight when my WAP (and if the events run so is the phone's wifi(*)) is off and I live in a low-signal area (one or two bars). Then another 9% during the day typically.

But one thing annoys me (a lot). When I first got the phone email response was patchy to non-existent and it couldn't sync my contacts. I eventually discovered it was caused by the new Doze feature. Despite whitelisting my mail client it still failed. Eventually I found app called 'Disable Doze' and now my mail client maintains its IMAP connection.

What irks me (aside from the hassle of figuring this stuff out) is that despite disabling Doze my battery consumption is the same. So it seems the Android developers have gone to all that trouble and all they achieved is nearly destroying functionality I've been relying on for several years. Absolutely no battery savings from it for me at all. And now I hear that Nougat has an even more aggressive version of Doze. I might be about to end up with a phone that can't notify of new emails when they arrive.

(*)The event timer seems to still be a vicitim of Doze somehow.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon