Reply to post: Humans and security

'Toyota dealer stole my wife's saucy snaps from phone, emailed them to a swingers website'

Milton

Humans and security

So if Bob keeps some saucy snaps of wifey Alice in his briefcase along with bank statements and wotnot, and Mr Saleslizard asks to see the paperwork, would Bob *really* hand over the whole case with "Sure, take it in the back office there and help yourself while I grab a coffee"?

People's blithe ignorance of security and their failure to understand privacy never ceases to astonish.

If the government stated it would henceforth open, read and copy every single piece of citizens' postal mail, there would be uproar.

If the government insisted that you would be watched every time you visited a library and that every book and periodical you picked up or read would be noted and recorded, there would be a storm of outrage.

But the government *has* done it, electronically - and barely a peep is heard.

Staring glassily at the shiny i-gadgets which they have bought with borrowed money in vain pursuit of instant happiness, the human herd abandons sense, dignity and free will, knowing little and caring less ....

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon