Reply to post: If you're sensitive, DON'T READ!

Stay out of my server room!

Kiwi
WTF?

If you're sensitive, DON'T READ!

Came in to my work early one day - systems are down and need to get in and fix them.

Why?

Well.. The same manager who was wanting machines up and running immediately (the factory was kinda dead after all!) also wanted a larger office. And the server room had a wall that could be moved if those racks were moved.

It gets worse.

It wasn't IT staff called in to shut down the machines and move them so the wall could be moved. No. It was the fucking builders. Who, given the dust build up, had been at work for some time with saws and who-knows-what-else before the first machine was shut down. Shut down? I mean, the power plugged pulled out while they "gently" moved it.

But hey, the're only computers. Not like the housed any important data (accounts, designs, other unimportant material like that) or any important machines (data for the various control machines, coms, etc etc etc).

We did get some newshiny as a result, but at a hell of an expense.

Oh, and I have held back considerably in this as well - not just the detail of the offence but what was said (and some of what was done ;) ) to those responsible afterwards. I do still have some rage-events at the memory of this, and it was a very long time ago.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon