Reply to post:

Brexit judgment could be hit for six by those crazy Supreme Court judges, says barrister

IWVC

@localzuk

" I don't see what the government's angle is to be honest. The parliamentary system has worked for the UK for hundreds of years, why does this government think it suddenly has the right to do things differently with something so constitutionally important? "

So you want a Government that has conducted a nationwide survey to ignore the results and do something different? Really sounds like democracy in action.

As I said earlier the Brexit decision has been made (whether you like it or not) and the difficulty is how Parliament can oversee the terms that the Government negotiates without revealing their hand to others in the process. As I see it this will require Parliamentary scrutiny of the deal on the table before final ratification of the UK's position. At that stage at least it will be clear on what the actual position is and then the "informed" commentators can have something to comment on. However the obvious bias of the current set of MP's views which do not reflect the population's overall view still has to be addressed.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon