Reply to post:

A British phone you're not embarrassed to carry? You heard that right

I Like Heckling

I picked up the WF Storm at the start of the year and have been really impressed with it so far... but it does have some shortcomings.

1: Support is pretty bad compared to the swift

2: OTA updates often don't work unless you jump through hoops that involve removing all sim cards as well as SD cards.

3: Camera is great but has problems with the auto focus that make it very difficult to take quick snaps.

4: Microphone is dreadful when in a case... and no the case doesn't obscure the mic, in fact there's at least 4-5mm of space all around it... often you can only use the OK google function from 2ft or less and often only after removing it from the case.

5: Fixed battery... never liked it and this is the first phone I've ever owned that has one.

6: Sound quality is pretty dire with just a single rear speaker.. even the Moto G had front facing stereo speakers so this is a big fail in my book.

But releasing a new model every year is pointless to me, after 10 months I'm not even considering a replacement and on average make my phones last 3yrs.

So if they're still about in 2018, I'll be sure to check out whatever they bring out then.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020