Reply to post:

Brexit may not mean Brexit at all: UK.gov loses Article 50 lawsuit

Hans 1

>(please don't downvote without checking):

Checked, still downvoted, though ...

>it's behind every pointless UK privatisation from Railways to Royal Mail. The NHS is next

No it is not ... all EU Directive 91/440 says is that you should separate track management from carriers, allowing private firms to use the tracks, ending state monopoly. It does not say sell infrastructure and trains to 27 (iirc) different companies. Thatcher privatized the shit out of your industry, effectively killing it, openly stating that the financial sector would pick up the GDP slack ... who cares about proles, anyway ?

French railways are still public, yet, private and foreign services use the tracks as well, now. The tracks are public and WILL REMAIN PUBLIC, the historical public train services (as in passenger services) are still operating. Guess what ? France also implemented that directive. Now, it would be greatly appreciated, if you could STFU.

I did not care to read your other points, the first one is so ridiculous ... no, I did ... they are all BS as well ... but I do not have the time now to go over them, this will be the exercise for the reader.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon