Reply to post: It's democracy or violence

Brexit may not mean Brexit at all: UK.gov loses Article 50 lawsuit

TheTick

It's democracy or violence

Democracy seems to be the only really practical alternative to violence to attain one's aims, at least in the Western world at this point in time.

There are many people who believe when Ted Heath entered us into the Common Market back in the day that he committed an act of treason (http://www.vernoncoleman.com/euillegally.html), but the public did not rise up in violence to change this, they simply stood up and argued against the Common Market/EU and hoped for change.

They/we eventually, after decades, forced the government to give us our say, and despite the massive status quo advantage, and of nearly all the establishment, the civil service, the media, IMF etc etc against us we stuck up our two fingers and said "OUT". The finest display of democracy I have seen in my lifetime, and the one and only time my side has ever won.

This vote was not advisory, whether they think it was or not, and if they screw us on this one it proves that you CANNOT change things through the democratic process.

That leaves only violence - and it would be fully legitimate violence. I'm sharpening my pitchfork as we speak.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon