Reply to post: Couldn't resist...

Hm, is that a minefield? Let me just throw my magic bomb-sniffing spinach over there

Jemma

Couldn't resist...

I'm weak at the finish,

Cos AIDS beats out Spinach,

I'm Popeye,

The Dyin' man.. - Drawn Together

One thing with this Spinach mine detector idea, wouldn't it be better in places like Vietnam to spray it from the air in a small area, and see if local plants show the effect as strongly? Because as I understand this you've got to traipse around planting spinach or injecting random plants (some of which are more than capable of taking extreme exception to being touched) in the middle of potential minefields.. Not a job conducive to general health.. While avoiding such lovable critters as Russell's Vipers and Blue Striped Coral snakes..

I've a feeling this one of those "great ideas in the lab but this is real life" situations.

I can't really think of any place to use it.. A nuclear accident, you'd know you were contaminated when you started to melt (or in the case of Chernobyl, the fish got sleepy), a chemical accident like Bhopal - you know when your lungs have climbed out of your chest to complain personally.. It's a clever idea, like the spiders spinning graphene webs but I can see a use for them, for this I just can't.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon