Reply to post: I'm a champion of diversity

That time Brian Krzanich had dinner with Elon Musk, Marc Benioff, David Blaine and Lars from Metallica

Anonymous Coward
Go

I'm a champion of diversity

When I hire into my 'developer' (not a fan of this term, because everyone is a life developer) team I just tell an agency to send along any 10 people they have. I don't limit myself to IT agencies either because that introduces sample bias: last time I used ordered 10 different meals through Deliveroo and hired whoever turned up to deliver them. The meals of course I immediately sent to Syria to save orphaned children. I never look at CVs, nor do I interview people, because that introduces selection bias. Once my hires start I never tell them what to do or even talk to them at all, because that would be forcing my white western belief system on people who are already wise owls through their own culture: It would be legitimised social assault.

I'm just glad that Yahoo! is so confident of its continued success and relevance that they encourage such freestyle genius. Policies like this have made the company what it is today.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon