Reply to post: Re: Wot! No rear facing Radar?

Tesla's big news today:
sudo killall -9 Autopilot

Kiwi
Mushroom

Re: Wot! No rear facing Radar?

Naturally this has to be connected to a bazooka or some other weapon possibly a testosterone nuke ray.

I've often wondered what effect a suitably mounted magnetron (from at least a 1200watt microwave, and with appropriate waveguide) pointing rearwards. Would it have enough output to cause interesting things to happen to the electronics of any tailgating vehicle? Or would the metal work of the front of the tailgater be enough to act as a shield? Or is the output of a magnetron completely unsuitable for such work, and I'd be better off with some sort of rather large rear-facing electromagnet (idea to induce excess current in the vehicles wiring).

Of course, with the rather idiotic modern lack of direct physical link between the steering/brakes etc, such a device could get me some hefty jail time as it could do far more than just cause the engine of the offending vehicle to fail.

Wonder if I could create a rear-facing flame thrower with a rather thin flame yet capable of covering the distance. That could cause people to back off quickly...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon