Reply to post: Re: Heavy regulation

Drone idiots are still endangering real aircraft and breaking the rules

Rob Crawford

Re: Heavy regulation

If you are referring to me then I suggest you read what was actually written as opposed to making accusations.

There are issues, I have personally reported flyers to the cops on 3 occasions for flying in and around airports (and a couple of times in city centres) and will continue to do so, so watch where you point fingers.

However the altitudes (and speeds) quoted simply smell of piss for consumer (and even commercial) machines.I have no doubt that several such sightings in the US where very large turbine powered fixed wing machines (which everybody insists upon calling models, so that's OK)

I have watched the PSNI UAS flying within the Belfast City Airport approach path so maybe the police force mentioned where dicking about at the time with some monster machine they own.

As such sightings have been going on for donkeys years what where they called before multirotors became available?

There are issues but they aren't DJI Phantoms 2 miles up, they're in and around entirely inappropriate locations and probably much more dangerous.

Perhaps the Daily Mail have a job you may wish to apply for?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon