Reply to post: Re: I'm not deserting them.....

Galaxy Note 7 flameout: 2 in 5 Samsung fans say they'll never buy from the Korean giant again

Lotaresco

Re: I'm not deserting them.....

"Just spent a grand on Samsung kitchen white goods over the last 2 days- nice cooker, oven, microwave and an 8kg Ecobubble washing machine."

I have several Samsung appliances and a laptop, Smart media box and a few phones, mostly of the dumb, simple variety. These things work well enough and some, such as the oven, work extremely well, better than very expensive alternatives. But I'm not sure that excellence in manufacturing one type of consumer appliance indicates excellence in other types of manufacture.

I'm happy to accept the GN7 was a cock-up but I'm not daft enough to want to own one. It's a flawed design and if you have one you won't be able to fly with it, for good reason. Every flight I've taken for the past month has had the cabin crew asking people to declare that they have a GN7 and to switch it off for the duration of the flight. I'll expect that to change to "banned from flying with one" soon if not now.

As to recall, they botched that.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon