Reply to post: Re: Easily fixed...port? uh.. oh yeah- left

'Please label things so I can tell the difference between a mouse and a microphone'

WorsleyNick
Pint

Re: Easily fixed...port? uh.. oh yeah- left

I can easily figure out which is port or starboard etc, after a couple seconds through the use of conscious thought, but NOT when I'm driving a car at high speed and someone shouts "Turn LEFT NOW!"

ENDQUOTE

There is the problem, if you have the time to think about it. After nearly 70 years I know my left from my right, I do not have to think about cycling on the (paws for thought) left, I just do it. But if you say turn left, turn right (but not straight on, that is easy), I have to think about and feel (I do not need to touch it, the sensation is always there), the rather long and tight scar on the most sensitive part of my (paws for thought) right index finger. I often wonder about the other little boy who stamped on my finger, with his cleated boot.

I am left or right handed, depending upon what I am doing and in some things either; ironing depends upon which side of the ironing board I am standing, until I try to iron round the buttons on my shirts.

Ontheotherhand, I used to hate providing support to left handers who did not swap the buttons round on their meeses.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon