Reply to post: Re: So, to sum up...

Having offended everyone else in the world, Linus Torvalds calls own lawyers a 'nasty festering disease'

Unicornpiss
Thumb Up

Re: So, to sum up...

Well, the man may be a bit abrasive to people that don't share his implicit views, but reading the context of his comments, I can't say I really disagree with much of what he's said or his reactions. You do have to take some of it tongue in cheek and understand that I doubt he really meant a painful death for ARM engineers, but simply for them to stop doing something particularly idiotic that makes life miserable for coders. We've all muttered "fucking morons" or similar when reading a choice helpdesk ticket, discovering some particular anal fissure of code, or some other WTF implementation in hardware or software that is impossible to fathom, it's just most of us keep our feelings to ourselves to keep our friendships, jobs, and professional relations more or less intact. With his position, he can apparently afford to turn off his filter. That doesn't mean he'd be a lot of fun to work under for some.

This dedication to quality and not bowing to marketing input on things is why Linux (in general) is the most usable and least aggravating operating system these days, admittedly IMHO.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon