Reply to post: Bully behaviour

UK IT consultant subject to insane sex ban order mounts legal challenge

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Bully behaviour

The police despise being proven wrong and this is the typical playground bully behaviour you can expect from them. This man has been acquitted and therefore is INNOCENT in the eyes of the law but that is not enough for the police.

I was falsely accused of rape once myself and went through a year of what I can only describe as a sheer hell. There was zero evidence provided on the part of the accuser, it was up to me to prove my innocence which is the complete opposite of how I believed the law was supposed to operate in this country. Despite cooperating fully with the investigating officers and providing overwhelming evidence of my innocence the police repeatedly told me I was guilty and that they would find the evidence to put me away and I would be making it easier on myself if I just confessed. Even when I was finally de-arrested the behaviour of the officers was as if I had gotten away with something rather than having been acquitted of the accusations. They even refused my application to have my fingerprint and DNA records deleted which just shows they think I am guilty and they will need that data to catch me with in future.

Later the same year I had been at the pub with a group of friends and had been on diet coke all night, as we left the pub there were at least 8 of us leaving in cars, half a mile away from the pub when I was away from any of the people I had been out with I was pulled over by an undercover unit. I was told that they had seen me leave the pub and suspected I was over the limit, I was breathalysed and when that came up all clear they proceeded to inspect my car from nose to tail inside and out looking for anything that they could make stick. Again they were very annoyed to find there was nothing that they could charge me with.

I used to trust and respect the police, now I am very cautious whenever I have to interact with them and make sure I know my rights. Being innocent is not enough anymore.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon