Reply to post: I don't even know where to start...

UK IT consultant subject to insane sex ban order mounts legal challenge

Bernard M. Orwell

I don't even know where to start...

...with this huge pile of injustice. There's just so much wrong with all of this...

"[Police are] asking for it to be made permanent if his challenge fails."

So, if you challenge the police "ruling" it might just get worse for you. Shut up and put up.

"[He] must also reveal the PIN for his phone to police so they can trawl through it at will"

That's a clear breach of the right to privacy enshrined in European law. Still counts until we sign article 50 at the very least. It also appears to be against the guidance for the SRO itself.

"He claims the doctor misunderstood what he was saying and it appears she contacted police to inform them of a “confession”."

What on earth happened to Patient/Doctor confidentiality?!

" his case does qualify for legal aid, but whether or not he fulfils the financial hardship criterion is not known."

He's HOMELESS! How much more hardship does it require?!

"Sexual Risk Orders are a civil order which became available to police and the National Crime Agency in early 2015"

Ahh. there we go. Theresa Mays personal secret police force. Unaccountable to the Law, the Courts, the public or anyone else other than the Home Secretary. Given sweeping extra-judicial powers to arrest, detain and punish undesirables of all kinds. Keeping us safe from the TerrorPedos at every turn.

If I were in his shoes, I'd head for Ireland, claim asylum and then sue under the ECHR.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon