Reply to post: Re: communicate with the grid... mmmmm

£11bn later: Smart meters project delayed again for Crapita tests

Killing Time

Re: communicate with the grid... mmmmm

'I'm not even sure we're talking the same language here.'

No we are not. I am talking from the point of view that I worked in the power industry for a number of years with direct experience of the issues. You, along with posting as an AC are frankly just waffling.I note your earlier indignation did nothing to contribute on a technical level.

The assertion 'frequency has to be, give or take near-unmeasurable differences' the same across the grid is just nonsense, for a start it defies the laws of physics! The US, with their larger grid, for precisely this frequency control problem, section their grid using Direct Current inter-connectors, but I digress.

Additionally, don't confuse 'system' inertia with physical inertia. System inertia comes from the variance of making a change to the change actually happening throughout the system, its a control concept.

Perhaps your quoted source abandoned their website because they no longer wanted to be associated with a ill conceived idea which doesn't stand up to scrutiny, you may want to consider following that lead....

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon