Reply to post: Re: Smart bulbs versus light switches

The curious case of a wearables cynic and his enduring fat bastardry

Mandoscottie
Thumb Up

Re: Smart bulbs versus light switches

@Graham.

amen, check ASDA out for a box of LED GU10s, reduced to £7.50 for a box of ten atm (dimmable and warm white), the previous owner of my house was a clown and kitted entire house out in GU10 Halogens.......kitchen and bathroom were treated to the bright whites from Home Bargains (£1 each)

Im glad the dimmable ones are, otherwise your blinded by how dam bright they are in sequence...

after replacing them all, ive seen my electric bill drop by 50%, almost keeps the mrs happy about all the IT kit running 24/7 in mancave/pc room. It does mean up here, the gas central heating comes on more, now we lack the direct flow of furnace hot air from the halogens :P

I didnt think it would make THAT much of a cost saving, jeesh i was so wrong.

And on the thought of wearing ladies jeans if you can get the right fit, all good and well except ladies jeans are cut differently, and will give you a lovely derriere like the dood in money supermarket add that jerks......good good no man.

Buy mens cut jeans and find a local seamstress/tailor who will happily take the legs up or remove "darts" to get the top of the garment to fit proper, for a small amount.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon