Reply to post: Re: Remainers are all Great Wen-based hipsters?

Brexit Britain: HP Sauce vs BBC.co.uk – choices that defined voters

Nick Ryan Silver badge

Re: Remainers are all Great Wen-based hipsters?

a) What's a London Underground? Some sort of armed resistance movement?

Not sure about the resistance, but on average it has about the same number of legs as arms. It's some form of torture/mind numbing device to shove as many people in as small a physical space as possible with guaranteed heating (regardless of the weather outside) and, certainly in the evening commute, with a "fragrant" undercurrent. All while oozing sympathy for the hard done by drivers who earn £50k a year largely for pressing "start" and "stop" buttons and occasionally shouting at passengers on a tannoy.

b) Spotify, iPlayer, Twatbooki, Instagram etc...given the quality of our broadband, I think not

You must be on Virgin Broadband (at peak time - 16:00 to 20:00) as well then...

c) Nearest airports are all about 3 hours drive away so no Easyjet

Given that internal flights from where I live take 2 hours to get to (including parking at daylight robbery prices) and at least an hour to get through the security theatre for just a 45m flight I don't think you have much to complain about. Unless you're complaining about the lack of EasyJet and being forced to fly with an airline that even pretends to give a shit?

d) Nearest Virgin Train is about 2 hours away.

Even longer if you live anywhere "serviced" (hahahaha) by Southern Rail.

e) Airbnb - does that mean B & B in a field? We have lots of Yurts for hire!

Been there, done that. Should have booked a hotel. Would have been cheaper. And nicer.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon