Reply to post: Some of these choices are strange

Brexit Britain: HP Sauce vs BBC.co.uk – choices that defined voters

GreggS

Some of these choices are strange

So , Leavers;

1) HP sauce, taken away from the UK and now produced in the Netherlands. An argument for keeping things British and supporting Leave I suppose.

2) Bisto - still produced in the UK by Premier Foods.

3) ITV News?, ITV News?, come on people. Only slightly higher up the rung than Sky news. Still watching this all the time would probably have me voting to leave as well.

4) The Health Lottery. A lottery where good 'ole UK folk can spend thousands trying for the "big win" and contribute to "health related causes" - not even NHS mind and they don't even contribute to these causes as much as the National Lottery does. Run by the company owned by Richard Desmond! I suppose the justification is that this is required at all.

5) Birds Eye - An AMERICAN brand and always has been. I suppose it is difficult for people who voted leave to differentiate between mainland Europeans, Americans or any other continent for that matter (as has been proven with some of the reported post-Brexit racially motivated attacks that have taken place).

6) Iceland - Seriously? If this was the best that Britain could offer supermarket wise then i suppose i'd want to leave as well.

7) Sky News - see 3) and the fact this is owned by an Australian. I don't see them complaining about Sky Sports ruining football.

8) Cathedral city - This is still made in Cornwall, so a good British brand.

9) PG Tips - and this one.

10) Richmond - As in London? Really? It's half-owned by Russian oligarchs. The other half is owned by the Chinese.

As for the Remainers;

1) bbc.co.uk - It's not exactly TheRegister.co.uk is it?

2) BBC iplayer - It's not exactly Netflix is it?

3) Instagram - It's no Facebook, oh, wait a minute..

4) London Underground - Are they actually not on strike this week then?

5) Spotify - It's no Tidal is it? But at least it is European.

6) Airbnb - Another American site.

7) LinkedIn - sigh, this is also an American site.

8) Virgin Trains - It's no Southern Rail is it? At least it is a British "success" story, uses French & Belgian built trains.

9) Twitter - Another American web-site??? sorry i've ran out of characte

10) EasyJet - started by a Greek-Cypriot man who lives in the tax haven of Monaco.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon