Reply to post: Re: Criminal offence to impose a diet lacking in essential elements ?

Italian MP threatens parents forcing veggie diets on kids with jail

IsJustabloke

Re: Criminal offence to impose a diet lacking in essential elements ?

@heyrick

I see you subscribe to the tired old "if you eat meat, you don't care about welfare" theory which basically marks you out as ignorant. As do your remarks about why teh French don't take blood from the English.

I make no bones about it, I eat meat but that doesn't mean I shove any old shite in my mouth. For example I rarely eat any kind of fast food. I support a local butcher who sources his stock from local farms (in the case of beef it's right there on his brother's farm) ... the eggs I buy come from chicken that spend their days running around unfettered...I know exactly how they live because they're *my* chickens... I eat locally sourced in season vegetables.

I'm happy for veggies or vegans to enjoy whatever diet floats their boat but I am heartily sick of their (more often than not) holier than thou attitude and constant carping on about how I don't care about animals. Eating meat and being an arse to animals are not the same thing at all.

So how about a little "live and let live" because frankly meat eaters are almost exclusively more tolerant of your lifestyle choices than any veggie I know is of mine and that is the reason why veggies get such a hard time.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon