Reply to post: Re: Thank you Mr.Farage

Email proves UK boffins axed from EU research in Brexit aftermath

codejunky Silver badge

Re: Thank you Mr.Farage

@ smartypants

"So now we're clear ok? He is not an honest man."

If that is your beliefs I am not going to waste my time trying to change your mind. I dont really care that much (dont know the guy personally).

"You say Cameron lied when he said he would stick around if the vote didn't go his way. Who cares about that? Not a single vote would have been different had people known it was a lie."

You again pick and choose. Cameron and crew lied consistently only pausing to breathe. The official remain and leave campaigns did so. If Brexit lies manipulated voters then the Bremain (god I hate those words) lies manipulated voters. Also it is important to note what was said. We have a little economic confidence problem, the economy is doing fine but some people are a little concerned or expecting problems. Now which campaign consistently claimed apocalyptic doom? The remain campaign. And if a country tells its people and investors that it is doomed those people will start to wonder. Any country. Which is why this statement is massively debatable-

"The lies in the brexit campaign *matter* because it affects the strength the outcome should have on the future direction of the country."

Because the economic uncertainty can be very much attributable to not only brexit in the future, some point 2 yrs after invoking the right to leave whenever that is. But also the campaign insisting the country will be doomed from the result day onwards.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon