Reply to post:

Apple Watch craze over before it started: Wrist-puter drags market screaming off a cliff

David Lawton

I bought the first gen Apple Watch on launch day but got the cheaper 38MM Sports one, as i did not know if i would actually use it, but wanted one as i was curious so was less risky on a £299 one.

Now i would not want to be without it, and if it was not for the fact i there will no doubt be a 2nd gen within 2 years i would be down the Apple Store buying the £900 38mm SS space grey one.

I get that some people might not see the appeal or have much use, but every one is different and for me its great. Love using it for Apple pay in shops or getting in and out of the underground, 2 taps on the button and present to the barrier, no getting my wallet out in busy London or messing around with Oyster Cards and tickets.

Its great at filtering the many notifications i get throughout the day, and i like to log how active i am so comes in hand there too. I've used it to answer calls and reply to texts when having busy or messy hands like in the kitchen preparing food. The discrete vibrating as direction cue's when using the sat nav for walking round big cities is handy.

I've use it regularly for controlling music playing via AirPlay around my house, and i like glancing at it and seeing whats next in my calendar.

Yes it does have a few gimmicky things like heart rate sharing, and drawing cocks to friends, but over all it can be a handy devices, and much more useful than a dumb watch which i had not worn for almost 20 years before getting a smart watch.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon