Reply to post: Re: Perhaps ....

Windows 10 a failure by Microsoft's own metric – it won't hit one billion devices by mid-2018

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Perhaps ....

Well said BobChip.

I started using computers in 1972 and microprocessors in '74/'75.

Dos was always booted with a prayer that all those horrid drivers would load

Windows before 95 was even worse

Post Windows 95 and despite ME it got better and better upto and including Windows 7.

Then MS decided that Touch on Everything was the order of the day. Risky at the extreme. We may look back in 10 years and wonder what all the problems was but for me Metro/Modern/TIFKAM was the straw that broke my will to stay on the MS directed path to Nirvana.

Now that I'm about to retire there are NO, repeat NO Microsoft products in use in my home.

I won't pay a monthly subscription (viz Photoshop) so the prospects of having to do the same with Windows was the final nail in the MS coffin as far as I am concerned.

I know that I am not alone in this.

Many of my age group are moving to Apple. Yes they cost a packet but for many of them, they work OOTB and do so each and every day. One reason is that many of them already have iPhones. Some tried Windows Mobiles but soon went to Android or Apple. (the majority is with Apple).

That in itself is a very good case study in how to make your company irrelevant to a good proportion of the population.

{Can I have my MBA please?}

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon