Reply to post: Dear Microsoft - die already.

Windows 10 a failure by Microsoft's own metric – it won't hit one billion devices by mid-2018

Belardi16

Dear Microsoft - die already.

Wait A MINUTE! Didn't Microsoft say 1 billion installs in 12 months? Then 500m in 12 months?

Lets see, I have two desktops and two Thinkpads. They all HAD Windows 7. I installed Windows 8 preview on a Thinkpad for a month before replacing it with Linux Mint. Windows 10 fixes some Win8 issues, but the NAGWARE and the spyware and malware they install onto Win7 & 8 computers should be considered CRIMINAL ACTS!

So, I have NOT taken up the incredible deal of FREE Windows 10, which according to MS, "we're not considering using the subscription model for home users at this time". give it a few years. So yeah, I'm not bothering to BUY any Windows beyond 7. DX12, oh well. I'll have to live with what I have, which will work pretty much fine for todays games... or buy a PS4 or PS5. Forget the MS Xbone.

WTF?! People can't install updates without causing slow-downs or downright failures. And without the MSmalware, the Win7 updater tends to lock-up, so even getting just the Security patches is difficult unless doing a manual install. Kind of kills the purpose of keeping systems UPTODATE to protect the Windows ecosystem, eh?

So Microsoft... drop dead. I'm already moving clients to Linux (slowly) some will wait until 2020. Any client that installs Windows 10 onto their computers, I don't offer any support for problems. Don't care to waste my time on that.

Microsoft has been doing nothing but failure after failure.

- Windows 8

- Windows 10 with scamware

- Office 2013 with its horrible flat UI and crappy pricing (no two-home installs per lic)

- XboxOne w/ Kinetics

- Buying out part of Nokia (which Nokia will soon enter the market with Android phones)

- Windows Phone platform - dead, hell,it makes Blackberry look good.

- WinRT tablets... and their $1000+ Pro models.

Really, other than doing taxes and a few programs, why do we really need a $150 OS for from Microsoft? Linux boots up faster, easier to use, and works like an OS should. And NO BLOAT!

Those who enjoy their W10, more power to you. But the majority will stick with Win7 for now for another few years. MS has lost to Android. Period. How many of our wives and family are using their PHONES as their computers? Remember the OLD days when they bought cheap PCs, had problems with them - calling us for help and never really using them - other than email, browser and FB? Something ANY $100+ phone can do eaisly.

Microsoft... buh-bye!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon