Reply to post: Re: So it's time...

Ad blockers responsible for rise in upfront TV ad sales, claims report

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: So it's time...

Or a HD recorder. I love mine, and not because I want to record stuff (I hardly watch TV) but because I can buffer up. When I notice something I'd like to watch I start by hitting the pause button, then do something else in between. From the laundry to getting a new cup of tea right down to reading the news behind my PC.

Then, usually approx. 15min. later, I start watching. First ad block: fast forward. This can be tricky because some ad blocks honestly last for nearly 10min (makes you wonder if you're looking at a TV show or movie or ads) but it works. Especially if you decide to pause somewhere in between to get a drink or do a bathroom break, etc.

It may take getting used to, but it beats what I usually did: during a commercial break I often switch to another channel which doesn't have them, often forgetting all about the first show I was watching and continue watching elsewhere.

The massive amount of ads really ruin the TV experience for me. Luckily there are still plenty of local channels which don't break up their programs for some stupid ads (which are also my favorites).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon