"There was a comment in MS DOS (2 I think) that went along the lines of 'if I had wanted you to use the damned /"
I read this many moons ago. It was penned by an somebody decompiling DEC code due to poor documentation. He appeared to have been burning the candle at boths ends and the sides as well.
* On the other hand, we never get another interrupt after
* the first timer interrupt, so maybe we *do* have to thwack
* the stupid ICU.
* Or maybe we have to reset the stupid "interrupt latch", but
* that fucking GENIUS Todd Dutton, although he took the fucking
* trouble to say that you have to reset the interrupt latch,
* didn't take the fucking trouble to tell you WHAT THE FUCK
* THE INTERRUPT LATCH IN QUESTION IS or HOW THE FUCK YOU RESET
* IT, so if that's the problem, we'll have to wait for all the
* 5000 FUCKING VICE PRESIDENTS AT DEC who have to sign off on
* the FUCKING IDEA OF ACTUALLY LETTING SOMEBODY WHO WANTS TO
* BUY LOTS OF YOUR FUCKING BOXES TO RUN THEIR SOFTWARE ON
* actually GET THEIR HANDS ON ENOUGH FUCKING DOCUMENTATION
* TO MAKE THEIR SOFTWARE WORK. GOD FUCKING FORBID that DEC
* actually SELL any of these boxes, that might mean they might
* CONTINUE TO MAKE MONEY, and we couldn't let THAT happen,
* COULD we?
* No, I'm not bitter. Bitter is for wimps. I'm fucking
* HOMICIDAL. I want the fucking HEADS of all the DEC people
* who have stalled on this ON FUCKING POLES OUTSIDE MY OFFICE.
* Interrupt handled by the master ICU;
* send an EOI to it for this level, because
* they *appear* not to set up the ICU for
* a mode that preserves the fully-nested
* Of course, given how FUCKING HELPFUL they've
* been about answering questions and providing
* documentation, I had to find that out by
* DECOMPILING THE FUCKING INTERRUPT HANDLER
* CODE IN OSF/1.
* I hope they FUCKING GO BANKRUPT, lose their
* FUCKING jobs and ALL their FUCKING undeserved
* self-esteem, and end up OUT ON THE FUCKING
* I hate them. I hate talking to them. I hate sending
* them mail. I hate *receiving* their mail. I hate
* *reading* their mail. I want them all to die SLOWLY
* IN HORRIBLE PAIN.
* N.B.: As of 1999, they did, when Compaq and Intel
* dismembered DEC like blood-maddened piranhas.
* Requiescat in pace.