Reply to post: I'm a leaver

My plan to heal this BROKEN, BREXITED BRITAIN

Boris the Cockroach Silver badge
IT Angle

I'm a leaver

and therefore a racist zenophobic chav *(^*%^&$%*)*)*)&)(&) (or at least to one person kind enough to respond a post on faceborg)

The reason I voted leave is because the leaders of the EU are unaccountable to the people of the EU.

Remember Tony Benn's words "How did you get the power? and How can I get rid of you?"

We have enough trouble in this country getting rid of unelected arses as is, without adding 3 more layers of unelected arses above them.

And reading through some of the Guardian's comments, someone nailed it spot on.

What has happened is that the left have been cunningly dragged into an unholy alliance with big global businesses keen to exploit the working class, its happened because big businesses gave them such words as 'inclusiveness', 'diversity' to use on people opposed to mass immigration.

After all , if you are opposed to foriegners coming here you cant be very tolerant , therefore you are a racist to be shouted down, but the same mass migration has handily driven down wages for the citizens already here and led to businesses being able to rake in more profits.

Couple that with the lack of worker protections and the dream "The EU will save us from nasty businesses" when the EU is heavily lobbied by those self same businesses to not load any more worker protections into the system"

Its this disconnect between the ideal of a very smug self serving bunch in labour and the actual working class labour voter that the leave campaign exploited, but reading some comments from them about how "lazy brits claim benefits while hard working immigrants are a boon to the country" make me want to puke, because change the word 'brits' to the word 'jews' and you have the all the words from a previous generation's hatred of one group of people.. and we all saw how that panned out

Anyway, must go... I hear the local remainers have found my address and are coming with torches and pitchforks.....

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon