Reply to post: Re: See what can happen when you work together?

Germany: If Brits vote to Remain, we'll admit Hurst's 1966 goal was a goal

alain williams Silver badge

Re: See what can happen when you work together?

My head is spinning!

As is mine ... and the reason is that most of the politicians have said almost anything to get people to vote the way that they want us to; regardless of evidence or consistency with previous assertions.

They disagree even facts that should not be hard to verify; just call each other liars rather than try to agree numbers (possibly with error bars).

The result is that I will take whatever they say with a larger dose of salt than I have in the past. Seriously: when one of them pronounces on something in the future - who will believe them if they do not come out with good evidence with all the points carefully attributed to an unimpeachable source ?

Politicians have become the big losers in this campaign, it will take a long time before I trust them again.

Actually: I suspect that many have been reasonable, but (as a result) have lacked media attention and have thus been ignored. Thus I (falsely) denigrate all politicians due to the antics of a few.

But that rant does little to help me decide which way to vote. I might spoil my ballot in protest.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon