Reply to post: Re: YMMV

Why you should Vote Remain: Bananas, bathwater and babies

Just Enough

Re: YMMV

" ideally what we'd be having is a multiple choice questionnaire about which bits of the EU do we want to fix, rather than a stupidly over-simplistic in/out referendum."

You have an optimistic view of how that would go. The "debate" leading up to this referendum has demonstrated that most people haven't a clue what the EU does or how it works, never mind having a sensible opinion on how to fix it. And politicians are happy to exploit that with bare faced lies about it.

I've got a better idea; we vote for people whose job it is to know about these things. And all those who didn't vote at the last EU elections (i.e. most people) get automatically banned from having any opinion on how it's going.

"(c) idiots that shout 'racist' at people who try to point out their concerns over the cultural effect of having sizable numbers of people in the country who clearly reject our laws, customs and mores and wish to impose theirs on the rest of us aren't helping matters."

I don't think there is a "sizable number" who "clearly" do anything of the sort. And who are you including in that "our"? The racism lies directly at that point; your acceptance of scare-mongering as fact and eagerness to claim *your* customs and mores as "ours".

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon