Reply to post:

Apple pollutes data about you to protect your privacy. But it might not be enough

FIA Silver badge

What do you mean if it so desires?

I mean that in reality it's more likely machine read by algorithms to best target advertising, rather than a human sitting there reading everything I write.

of course it reads your email which also gives it information about the people sending you email - so much for their right to privacy.

I'm not sure I understand what point you're making here? What right to privacy?

1. Email isn't end to end encrypted; sending an email and not assuming someone somewhere along the delivery chain isn't reading it is naieve. It's a postcard not a sealed letter.

2. If someone is contacting me then either they know me, and if they desire to communicate privately they'll use one of the other communcation channels available, or they don't know me in which case the mail is unsolicited and I'd question as to why they were sending something with an expectation of privacy using a system where there is none.

Frankly I equate @gmail.com with asshole.

I'd think you'd have a point if it was something like google analytics, however when we're discussing an unencrypted protocol which comes with no expectation of privacy I think you're perhaps being a little too harsh.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon