Reply to post:

UK's education system blamed for IT jobs going to non-Brits

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

"an engineer is the guy who comes to fix your central heating"

No, that's a technician or a fitter. A engineer would be a guy who designed a central heating system and specified the parts and methods needed to install it.

I HATE the fact that my job title is "IT engineer", when in actual fact I'm a delivery boy. I turn up on site, take new PC out of box, put old PC in box, leave site. That's ***NOT*** engineering!!!!!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

  • Enter your comment

  • Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019