Reply to post: Re: "Captain Avengers Guards the Galaxy from DC Comics" proves nothing about real life

Microsoft has created its own FreeBSD image. Repeat. Microsoft has created its own FreeBSD image

TVU Silver badge

Re: "Captain Avengers Guards the Galaxy from DC Comics" proves nothing about real life

"I'll be honest; I used to use Linux sometimes, but hadn't touched it much in recent years, sticking with Windows 7 for regular use at home. I've managed to keep MS's actively hostile attempt to force W10 off my machine so far- mainly by turning updates off, and it still occasionally installs things despite the settings explicitly stating otherwise- but it's clearly not trustworthy and, yeah, I'll be looking at Linux, because there's sure as hell no way I'm running W10 on my own machine except where absolutely necessary."

If you do decide to go down that route, I'd suggest trying out the Windows-like Linux Mint Cinnamon, Linux Mint Mate and Zorin via live DVD/USB and then installing your favourite alongside Windows 7 in a dual boot configuration to ease the transition to Linux.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon