Reply to post: Organizational microsoervices?

Don't go chasing waterfalls, please stick... Hang on. They're back

Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
Holmes

Organizational microsoervices?

I have seen a COBOL guy in his 50s and he was a non-talking curmudgeon, practically impossible to work with, a danger to the company.

Maybe the "guys in their 50s doing COBOL" who quit when hearing "agile" were like that, in which case they deserve the job market they will encounter. Otherwise there should be ways to accommodate that particular development section which more likely wants some steadiness instead crazy youngsters re-discovering sexthe ropes making them confused and angry. Put a communicating "project manager" in front of their door to perform proper I/O.

project managers can become a rare breed and can become scrum-masters

The scrum master is just the scrum master. The propels the scrum cycle. The project manager is the guy on the phone, in contact with the guy with the money and doing the Gantt chart. Both job descriptions are not comparable at all. Once project managers think they are scrum masters or the converse, problems beckon.

JP Morgan Australia senior managers have installed cambam boards for themselves.

I think this is written "Kanban". It is a nice communication device, especially to give some visual input to PHB dropping by to "ask for a little project on the side", but it's orthogonal to agilism...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon